The Director of Environmental, Health & Safety is responsible to establish and promote the maintenance of a safe, accident-free, and healthy work environment. Plan implement and coordinate all company safety programs. This Director-level position will be based in our Scranton, PA facility and will manage the duties of EHS Managers in both the Scranton, PA facility as well as our manufacturing operations in Wilmington, Ohio.
• Formulates general safety policies and procedures to be followed by company and plant personnel in compliance with local, state and federal OSHA rules and regulations.
• Investigates industrial accidents, injuries, or occupational diseases to determine causes and preventive measures.
• Consults with employees and managers on design and use of equipment, shops, fire prevention and safety programs.
• Inspects organization facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards and recommends corrective or preventative measures where indicated.
• Practices strong engagement with direct reports and team members including accepting diversity of ideas and thoughts, sharing responsibility for success, demonstrating honesty and integrity, helping employees solve problems and showing respect.
• Keeps managers and employees alerted as to the hazards of working with toxic fumes, dangerous chemicals and any other hazardous substances. Manages MSDS communication program.
• Participates in the investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperates in the preparation of materials and evidence for organization use in hearings, law suits, and insurance investigations.
• Develops, supervises, coordinates and conducts training programs and employee on boarding which will increase proficiency in safe practices and promotes safety consciousness.
• Responsible for EHS issues relative to reports, permits, testing and compliance with all regulatory agencies. Compiles and submits various reports (e.g. accident, EPA) as required by regulatory agencies and company management.
• Work closely with Production Management, Human Resources and Insurance Carriers in administration of the W/C program.
• Review plans and specifications for construction, modification and/or installation of machinery, equipment and facilities to determine if all safety requirements have been met.
• Compile, analyze, and interpret statistical data related to occuptional illnesses and accidents.
• Maintains and updates EHS files and records.
• Performs other assignments as directed.
Education: BS/BA in Occupational Health & Safety or a technical field (environmental, chemistry, biology, etc.) with training in core Environmental, Health and Safety disciplines.: Required
Experience: 10+ years experience in manufacturing plant sites with 3+ years of multi-site responsibility.
Computer Skills: Various computer programs to include MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
Certifications & Licenses: Valid Drivers License, OSHA and CSP (Cerfified Safety Professional) Cerfification Desirable.
Other Requirements: Knowledge in Federal/State/Local environmental regulations (e.g. EPA, DEP) applicable to the manufacture of CPG products to assure all requirements are adhered to. Must have demonstrated influencing skills and well-developed presentations skills.